Re: [IP] sleep apnea

Sleep apnea can be dangerous without treatment.  My sleep study doctor
mentioned that there are two ways to treat sleep apnea.   Surgery or a
CPAP for breathing at night.  I chose the less invasive and easier one. My
 CPAP works great once you get used to wearing a mask at night.  CPAP
stands for Continuous Pressurized Air  mark and it is set according to
what your child needs as far as the breathing.

 My sister was also diagnosed with sleep apnea.  She chose the surgery and
four months later her insurance company requested their $7,000 returned to
them.
Something about not trying CPAP first.  It seems that since her doctor did
not try her on a CPAP first, that maybe the surgery would be considered
unnecessary.  That surprised me and it cost my sister a lot of money!

So, two suggestions:

        Ask the doctor about the CPAP for your child
        If the surgery is needed, make sure the insurance will pay for it
and not request the money returned

Happy Holidays!

Donna

Julie Meals <email @ redacted>