[IP] Re: infusion sets

Joe wrote:
>I will start on my pump very soon, but I wanted to ask those of you on the
>MiniMed 508 about infusion sets. What are the better ones, the soft set or the
>quick set? Also is there any pain involved in the injection of the infusion
>set. I know I have been diabetic for 26 years but it looks allot different
>then the syringe. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe -- I have been using the Sof-set Quick release and cannot imagine not having the freedom to disconnect for short periods
(showers, changing clothes, etc.).  I use a device called the Sof-serter which automatically injects the set -- very quick,
MUCH faster than I could do it myself, and I've had little to no pain from it.  Perhaps just a momentary spot of pain as it
goes in - but very mild.  With the sof-set you take the needle out right away and just have a little plastic cannula that stays
inside you.
I highly recommend them.