Re: [IP] Re: Infusion sets

At 08:58 PM 11/27/2001, you wrote:
>>I will start on my pump very soon, but I wanted to ask those of you on the
>>MiniMed 508 about infusion sets. What are the better ones, the soft set
>>or the
>>quick set? Also is there any pain involved in the injection of the infusion
>>set. I know I have been diabetic for 26 years but it looks allot different
>>then the syringe. Any help would be appreciated.

I've used both the Sof-Sets and the Quick-Sets with their inserter devices.
Each for about 6 months. In terms of pain and medical performance they are
very similar. Essentially no pain from either set and I have had good
control with both of them. Not surprising that the control is the same in
that they have essentially the same cannula inserted into the same area of
the skin. The difference between the sets is the disconnect and the tape.
The Sof-set is easier/faster to disconnect/reconnect but it does have the
short pig tail. The Quick-Set does not have a tail but it can be difficult
to connect/reconnect the first few times. The Quick-set has the tape
attached and does not require the extra tape to hold it on.

Over all I give a slight preference to the Quick-set but it is only a minor