[IP] Re: Hating the Pump

I've been pumping since November 14th, and I
absolutely hate it.

I've had nothing but problems, a CDE who's away on
vacation, and an
endo who
has no idea how to figure the basals, etc.  My blood
sugars have been
out of control since I started pumping than they were
on the
Lantus, Lente and Humulin Regular.  Sugars have ranged
from 300 (the
to in the 600's, and I've barely eaten anything in
three weeks now.  I
really want to go back to shots.

                       * * * *

Jenn - Have you gotten the book: "Pumping Insulin"
(3rd edition) -- I think this would help you to turn
you around that you would start to love pumping.  It
helps you figure your basal rates and bolus rates.
Very easy to follow.  I think I got mine from
Amazon.com.  It is written by John Walsh.  Good luck
and maybe think about finding a more knowledgeable

Pat (PUMPED!!!!)

Do You Yahoo!?