[IP] Re: Hating the Pump

I've been pumping since November 14th, and I
absolutely hate it.

I've had nothing but problems, a CDE who's away on
vacation, and an
endo who
has no idea how to figure the basals, etc.  My blood
sugars have been
more
out of control since I started pumping than they were
on the
non-working
Lantus, Lente and Humulin Regular.  Sugars have ranged
from 300 (the
lowest)
to in the 600's, and I've barely eaten anything in
three weeks now.  I
really want to go back to shots.

Jenn
                       * * * *

Jenn - Have you gotten the book: "Pumping Insulin"
(3rd edition) -- I think this would help you to turn
you around that you would start to love pumping.  It
helps you figure your basal rates and bolus rates.
Very easy to follow.  I think I got mine from
Amazon.com.  It is written by John Walsh.  Good luck
and maybe think about finding a more knowledgeable
endo!!

Pat (PUMPED!!!!)