[IP] Re a1c

My A1c's have always generally been pretty good but my blood sugars prior to
pumping were not. I had frequent lows with many being severe with blackouts.
Still I had lots of highs and was beginning to show early signs of
complications in spite of how hard I worked to keep my blood sugars normal.
Remember that A1c's only show averages. I think it is more important to work
on the day to day blood sugars, deciding on the range you can manage and
treat the blood sugars lower and bolus for those that are higher than your
goal. Focus on this, and the A1c will take care of itself. It sounds like
you have already made progress in the right direction, and, yes, it does
take a lot of work.