[IP] sleep apnea

we were just told today that our daughters (3 1/2 years old) tonsils are huge
and that she has adenoids, and is not breathing well, and probably has bad
sleep apnea. (by the ENT doctor  who we went to to get a sticker out of her
nose. long day. although it is sometimes a relief to be dealing with normal
kid medical things. :-)

could this be affecting her nightime blood sugars at all?

he is telling us to remove both her tonsils and adeniods. (after confirmation
of a sleep study) any thoughts on how this would affect things? (other than
being in a hospital where they'll probably be annoying about her diabetes