[IP] palm pilot

hi everyone,  i'm interested in purchasing a palm pilot and am looking for
advice.  first, i  would like to know which brand seems to be on top of the
market.  i plan on using it to track my diabetes and mood swings associated
with bi polar disorder. i believe if i could get a better association with
the two diseases, that i will be able to adjust my life accordingly.  if
anyone has one or has done some research on them, please post it or e-mail
me.  also, let me know if there is any additional software that i should
purchase or does the pilot come with operating software.  i value all of
your opinions and enjoy reading your postings.
john s