Re: [IP] Remote

Hi Deanna,

For the usage you mentioned, the remote probably wouldn't help much--I find
that it is usually too loud in most restaurants to hear the beeps on my
remote.  The Paradigm (if you buy a MiniMed 508 by 12/31, you can request to
be automatically upgraded to the new model) supposedly has a stronger
vibration mode, so that may help.

That being said, I use the remote very, very often and am glad to have it.
Not only for when I'm in a quiet restaurant, wearing a slinky dress, and
don't want to "flash" others at the table--but I also use it when I'm driving
(I drive a lot), to bolus when I'm eating a snack or lunch/dinner.  It's
great to be able to keep my eyes on the road and just listen for the beeps.

I love the remote.  Not all MiniMed users find it useful, but to me, it is
pretty essential.