[IP] RE: Animas Vs. MiniMed

Deanna...To answer your question about the Animas...It has a button on the
side that you can push and it gives audible beeps...You can feel it through
your clothing so no awkward fumbling to give yourself boluses. I find it quite
Hope this little bit of information helps!

>I am still trying to decide between the Animas and MiniMed pumps.
>I like the Animas pump a lot and the absence of a remote feature wouldn't be
issue most of the time. But during nice dinners out in dresses I fear not
having a remote would mean I lose the convenience I now enjoy and be forced
to go to the restroom to use my pump like I did when I was still drawing
insulin from vials.
Your thoughts?
Thanks so much.
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon