Re: [IP] Remote

In a message dated 11/26/2001 2:10:44 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I would
 like to hear from any of you b particularly women b using the remote
 feature offered with the MiniMed 508. How important is it to you? Does it
 make a big difference in being able to hide your pump in clothing? For those
 of you without a remote, how big of a pain is it to fish the pump out of
 dress or other clothing to use it? >>

    Hi Deanna -
    I use the MiniMed 508 pump, and I rarely use the remote.
     In order to know if the remote is working, you must be in a pretty quiet
area so that you can hear the beeps it makes, verifying the amount of bolus
you want, & I find this more of a problem than just bolusing from the pump
    Usually when I am wearing a dress or skirt, I wear the pump in the "thigh
thing" that I got from MiniMed accessories, and I can then discreetly reach
in to that and program the pump for my bolus. I found that this is fairly
easy to do.
    Jan G.