[IP] How thick is Blood when sugars are high?

Hi list :)

A few weeks ago I saw a CDE on t.v. demonstrating how the blood thickens when
the blood sugar is high.  I tell you, it was pretty scary!

She had two flasks, one with normal sugar blood in it, and one with blood
sugar in the 200+ range.  The blood in the 200+ range was THICK!  I know she
was trying to prove a point, but was she overdoing it?

Any insights?
Barb, mom to Erica, A Canadian Butterfly
Visit our new website at