[IP] tyhyroid meds

Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:21:40 -0500
From: "Sara Molyneaux" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: Thyroid tests and meds

I was put on Synthroid when I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 3 years
ago.  Since then I've increased the amount 3 or 4 times and am now taking
137mg a day.  I recently had bloodwork done because I was feeling some of
the symptoms of thyroid problems and the TSH came back at 3.8. My endo
dismissed it saying it was perfect but I've also heard that 2 is a good
level for women and I know I personally feel better at this level. Should
I push for a med increase or is it really all just in my head?Sara
If you feel good where you are ask your doc why he wants you to take more.
Often in medicine, we tend to pray at the shrine of normal values. spot