Re: [IP] Re: Thyroid tests and meds

In a message dated 11/24/2001 10:40:10 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I recently had bloodwork done because I was feeling some of
 the symptoms of thyroid problems and the TSH came back at 3.8. My endo
 dismissed it saying it was perfect but I've also heard that 2 is a good
 level for women and I know I personally feel better at this level. Should
 I push for a med increase or is it really all just in my head?Sara >>

Sara -
    I don't know why some doctors forget all about how their patient feels,
and just go by the numbers! I have read that a normal woman's TSH level is
2.0, and I know myself that I feel best in the lower range (.5 to 2.0)
Anything above 2.0 and I start feeling sluggish. Talk to your doctor about
increasing your meds.
    Best of Luck - Jan G.