[IP] Re: (IP) Animas vs. MiniMed

I have had a MM pump for 4-1/2 years -- and always had great responses and
everything from MM -- until the last few months.  The last couple of times
I've called their help desk -- they haven't helped!  (The last one was because
my pump was out of warranty and I didn't want to pay the $495 out of warranty
fee so they could send me a replacement, then I could pay $500 to get my old
pump refurbished.)

When I started checking into an upgrade -- I, like you -- got a MUCH faster
response from Animas.  (In fact, I didn't hear anything at all from MM until
my doctor's office called them to see about an upgrade cause the sound has
died on my pump - which means if something goes wrong, I won't get an alarm!)

Disetronic was not even an option -- cause personally I don't like the looks
of it.  I prefer the MM or the Animas - -they look more like a pager.  (No,
I'm not ashamed of my pump - and in fact love to teach people about it).  I
just didn't like the way the Disetronic pumps looked.

Right now -- if you order an Animas before December 31 -- as a Christmas
present -- they're giving free PalmPilots - along with their new software,
ezManager, to keep track of blood sugars, etc.  Also -- the Animas pump - you
can buy different face plates -- almost like you buy for your cell phone! and
also stickers - to change the look of your pump.  I don't know if you're a
vain person or not -- I just thought this was a neat option.  Not that I'm
vain, I'd just like to do something different every once in awhile.  My poor
Ol Blue, I'd just like to see something different every once in a while!  KNow
what I mean?

Don't know if this helped or caused more problems in your decision making!

Just remember -- all pumps are good pumps -- it just depends on what features
you want!

Deb in Southern Illinois