[IP] Re: Novolog in Canada

I spoke to Novo-Nordisk a couple of weeks ago, and they told me that Novolog
is approved for use in Canada, but that it would be awhile before they got
all the packaging and labelling issues arranged.  Also that they had to
distribute samples to physicians and stuff like that before it could be

I asked about a program to provide it earlier for those who may need it, but
they phoned me back and said there was no such program for Canadians, that
they didn't even have a supply to do this with.  The woman said that it would
be sold as Novorapid in Canada.

BTW, last week I heard a physician (Type 1 himself) say that Lantus would not
be available in Canada until 2003.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7