Re: [IP] Anyone having problems getting a job because of your 'condition'?

I haven't had any problems getting hired in part because I do not disclose
that I have diabetes.  In your case you probably have to disclose it.  I
would have my endo write a very detailed letter stating 1) testing routine
2) bg ranges      3) how to treat a low and a high including timing of
food/insulin      4) any time schedule which you and the endo think is
necessary for eating        5) a statement that "should" your infusion set or
pump become disconnected while struggling with someone that you will be fine
for "X" number of hours until you need to change your site and reconnect to
your pump 6) flexibility regarding food and work schedules because of the
pump.  (you can eat or work at any time now)

Remember too that the pump doesn't need to be worn clipped to your waistband
where you could be prone to having someone rip it off--- wear it under your
clothes or in a sport pack.

You will most likely be under much scrutiny, but I don't think anyone would
want someone yielding a loaded gun to be having a low........LOL

Good luck--- be persistent~