Re: [IP] Re: Thyroid tests and meds

> the symptoms of thyroid problems and the TSH came back at 3.8. My endo
> dismissed it saying it was perfect but I've also heard that 2 is a good

Sara, The TSH value debate is one that rages constantly on the thyroid
newsgroups.  There are plenty of Endos who think that if your TSH is less
than 5, you feel good... no matter what you say.  They call them the
"numbers guys".

Now there is mounting evidence that TSH levels should be lower than
previously thought. Some doctors are now thinking that a TSH of 2 or greater
is evidence of thyroid disease.
Here's a link to a good site on thyroid disease that takes the patients side

Also read about the T4+T3 controversy that is interesting as well.-James