[IP] Hysterectomy effect on blood sugars?

To my female friends, medical personnel, and the partners of my female
friends (I cannot deny that you also have wonderful insight),

Just a quick question for my pumping friends.  Please e-mail me your answers
directly at email @ redacted  I am having a tough time making up my mind
about this and due to the sensitive nature, I do not really want a new
"thread" on this subject.  Your help and compassion is always appreciated!

I have just in the last two to three years documented that my insulin
requirements change (basals and boluses) based upon if I am in my follicular
or leuteal stage of my cycle.  Just as I get comfortable with this, I start
having dramatic changes in my cycles.  Thinking it was an ovarian cyst, for
which I have on numerous occasions taken a shot or oral progesterone to get
me back in sync, I went to the OB/GYN.  Since I am only 42 the suggestion
that I have a complete abdominal hysterectomy has really set me back!  I am
in the stage of taking the sonogram report to another OB/GYN for a second

My questions are:
    How long will I be hospitalized?
    After the initial shake out period (I am estimating maybe three months)
of adjusting the post surgical hormone therapy, could this actually make my
blood sugar control easier for me?

I guess in my own weird way, I am trying to find some good out of all of this.

Oh by the way, I DO trust my doctors, it is just the weekend and I would like
some personal insight to satisfy my heart and mind.

Thanks to all who respect my wish to NOT make this a thread and to respond to
me directly!