Re: [IP] 2 Questions... B-12 and Thryoid....

Vitamins DO NOT make a person more energetic.  The 'claims' that
manufacturers put on the vitamin labels are NOT regulated by the FDA so they
can essentially say what they want.  Only the Federal Trade Commission can
stop a manufacturer from making false claims, but they rarely do it.  The
only disease a vitamin will cure is one that is caused by a deficiency of the
vitamin.  For example, if a person has scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency) then the
scurvy will be cured by taking Vitamin C supplements.  If a person has
Megaloblastic Anemia (Vitamin B12 deficiency) then taking Vitamin B12
supplements will cure it.

They only way to increase a person's energy level is to (1) get proper sleep,
(2) eat properly, (3) have your MD check thyroid function tests and probably
a Complete Blood Count to check for anemia.

Any slight variation in the Thyroid panels can produce fatigue.  That may be
why you are so tired.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >20 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler