[IP] feeling down

Hello everyone,
   I don't know if I am just having a couple bad days because I am in the
middle of university finals or what, but I am really feeling down right
now and could use some encouraging support.
    Lately in people's posts I have noticed a lot of people saying that
they use about 35-50 u/day of insulin, and I became a little coincerned
about the amount of insulin I am using, 80-90 u/day. So I looked at the
"All about insulin pumpers" graphs on the IP web page and was distraught
to see how extreme my doses are. There are maybe 2% of the people who take
similar amounts of insulin as I do. So I started to panic... I am only 21
and have been diabetic for 8 years and I use that much already!!! What I
am going to be like when I am 30?? Now a million worries are running
through my head like I must be much more "brittle" than everyone else so I
am sure that a whole bunch of horrible complications are going to hit me
soon... and I guess I am just really scared!
   Usually I am better able to deal with the psychological part of our
condition, but sometimes it takes stupid little things like reading that
graph to really upset me...  I am not really sure of the point that I was
trying to make in this post either. I guess it just helps me to type these
feelings out, get them of my chest, and believe that they are being read
by people who have been there.
   I am usually a very strong and independent young woman but I guess we
all have our weak days and need a litle support.

Thanks for listening...
Sarah Arnal

Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.