Re: [IP] Accu-chek Complete

Accu-chek Complete meter system> Can anyone comment on this machine????
> Greetings - I use this meter - I don't have the software link to download to my computer - I just keep a good old spreadsheet of my numbers.  It does have the bells and whistles and you can see back a long ways for your readings. It has 2 major drawbacks:
1)  It is fairly big and bulky - and if you really aren't using the features you might not want to haul it around.
2) It runs on two batteries for everything - since it has a light (a very nice feature) this pulls the batteries down pretty fast - but the light goes out - while the batteries still read out at about 1/4 of power left. If you change them at this point - this is wasteful - but the meter is nearly impossible to read w/o the light. So no light - but the meter ifself still works.  I told an accucheck rep about this - I said the meter should run on one battery while the light is powered seperately.

But all in all - it's not a bad meter - I use the comfort curve strips which I really like (and also luckily are the ones my insurance will pay for). I also have the advantage - which doesn't have a light (but is readable w/o one), and no graphing etc - but it's smaller and I may soon go back to it.

Linda & Dax