Re: [IP] being realistic....???

Since you are on the pump, why not go ahead and pig out on cheese cake a few
times? Match it with insulin and you shouldn't be any worse off than your
non-diabetic friends. Our daughter eats pretty much like a normal 13 year old -
except she is a vegetarian. She has her share of junk food, though. Her glucose
levels aren't perfect, but she is also enjoying a normal social life.

If you are happy being at home for the holidays, that is great.  But now that
you are on the pump, diabetes shouldn't restrict your personal life. Also, in
my opinion, other people don't need to know what  your levels are and they
certainly don't need to share their uneducated thoughts about how you are
doing. Just test in private. If they ask, say "I'm ok." They may be well
intentioned, but you don't have to take on the stress they create for you by
trying to be involved.

Sorry for the lecture. We're trying really hard for our daughter to feel normal
and sometimes that means that relatives and adult friends don't get to dump
well-intentioned stress on her (and us).

Good luck.