[IP] Re: Osteomyelitis -- Peaches

For me the problem, I think, began about 7 years ago. I have two cats who
were always in front of me. To hurry them along I would lightly tap the toe
of my shoe against the floor, stair riser, etc. In September 2000 I noticed
a very large blood blister on my right big toe and had it lanced and the
dead skin trimmed away by a surgeon. During this ordeal the toe was swollen
and after a year+ the swelling is still there. My endo requested an x-ray
which showed "suspicions" of osteomyelitis. I have not had a great deal of
pain just intermittent light throbbing. Other "classic" symptoms, none of
which I have had, are: skin redness, fever in the affected area, dry
cracked skin and oozing. Hope this helps some.