Re: [IP] Static electricity solution

>Hi Pam,
>You bet, its going to be a major issue, especially in the Winter with the
>cold dry air.
>Take a look at either Animas or Disetronic, they use a different type of
>motor and dual microprocessors that solve this. They may have the odd
>problem, but not like MM.

  This may sound strange, but my daughter has been pumping now for
over 3 years, and even in the dry, cold Midwest winters, has never, ever
had a problem with static electricity and her pump. And she doesn't use
the cover, which is sometimes suggested to reduce the problem. Guess
this is another example of YMMV, which we all know is sooo true.