[IP] Re: Bubbles in Reservoir

Hi Julie,
       My Claire uses the H-tron with glass cartridges.  For the first few
months we never had air bubbles.  But now they always appear by the second
day.  Must be a tiny leak where air can get in through the rubber stopper.
Don't know what I changed when filling them.   Claire solves this problem by
wearing the pump upside down, which is easy to do with the Disetronic clip
which swivels 360 degrees.
       Yes, watch that a large bubble doesn't enter your tubing undetected.
Probably checking once a day is enough if you use the long length tubing,
unless you use very large amounts of insulin.  When a bubble gets close
enough to the end, just disconnect and prime it out.  It has to be pretty
big--the tubing is very narrow, I think one unit is about one inch of tubing.

Good luck,
Barbara, mum of Claire 7