Re: [IP] Cold/warm Humalog

In a message dated 11/20/01 7:17:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It shouldnt be a problem if you are taking the vial to fill a reservoir.
> However if you are putting it into a Dtron, the vial will stick if its
> cold. (the pump could give you an alarm because it is having trouble
> pushing the plunger)
> Lily is going to silicone coat their vials next year.
> That will solve this. Otherwise you should be ok, ask your doc, we have not
> had any issues.??

I've never heard this one or had it happen to me.  I've been putting the cold
prefilled humalog cartridge straight from the fridge into my dtron since I
got it and never had a problem with the plunger not working.  Maybe some
dtrons have this problem and others don't??

Faith and ?? my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here