RE: [IP] International travel

Dave G [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> You should be fine, get a letter from your doctor, we travel
> alot, and when we do go, we take a letter outlining the supplies etc.
> It all depends on the security person you get. At one airport
> the security person recognized it was an insulin pump, and
> waved us through (thats a bit scary when you consider they
> sometimes dont even set off the metal detectors- great for a
> terrorist)

When did you last travel in the U.S.?

IIRC, it is now necessary to carry a vial of insulin with the prescription
on it in order to pass through security checks with a pump, syringes (which
we should have for backup in any case) or other diabetes supplies such as
meter, etc.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR