[IP] bubbles in reservoir

I've been on my MiniMed508 since late June. After 45 years of diabetes
management, syringes, lots of insulin reactions and the necessity to eat just
to cover the variety of insulins, I am absolutely THRILLED with my pump.
However, I am still diabetic, and even good stuff with pump usage cannot
change that. It certainly does make life easier.
Have found that although I check to make certain there are no bubbles in the
reservoir on filling it, in a day or so, I notice a big bubble in the
reservoir and some air throughout the infusion set. Last week the air space
was SO big, I decided to wait until it reached the disconnect and then I
disconnected it and primed for 5.0 units till it was out.
Does anyone check for air in the infusion set? Does it matter? Would hate to
bolus for a meal and have it not push insulin through, but air instead. I
swear, there is absolutely NO air in reservoir when I fill it.