[IP] Insurance Break

Roxanne said >>>>And to avoid the preexisting condition clause, you do not need 'continuous' coverage...Federal Law dictates that as long as the person has been covered under their previous plan with a break of NO LONGER THAN 63 days prior to the date that  the person becomes eligible for the new plan, then new company cannot use the preexisting condition clause to refuse to pay for stuff.<<<<<<<<<<,

Roxanne is correct.  What I failed to define is break...if you have any break at all, like Friday midnight - to Sunday midnight, BCBS of Alabama calls that a "break in coverage" and you have to start over with your deductible for the year.    I know how lucky I am to just have to pay $210.  I cannot imagine how families manage COBRA.
Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL