[IP] Osteomyelitis

Well it looks like I am on the verge of my next rite of passage with
diabetes. After 40 years of IDDM my orthopaedic surgeon says he might have
to amputate my right great toe. According to him if only x-rays were
available he would have been scheduling surgery right then. There are two
scans he wants before we make the final decision. The first is a bone scan
which should be easy enough and the second involves irradiating white blood
cells so they can locate the infection. With Thanksgiving next week it will
be the Monday after before I find out anything. Growing up with diabetes
you know about these things happening but I was hoping for some more years
down the line. However it does go I am sure it is right.