On 18 Nov 2001, at 19:05, email @ redacted wrote:

> Hey Sam,
> You should check out the product before you respond. THis scale has a
> computer, you simply enter in the code for the type of food, and place
> the food on the scale and it calculates the weight, carbs etc. There
> IS such a thing, check out the web page, then get back to me. There
> are over 4000 settings in the scale from cookies, pizza pasta etc.

It would be helpful to show the URL for that location, for though it is known
as the "Diabetes Mall", its address is a little different.  The Main Page is
located at:

and you will need to go "Shopping" for the gram scales page.  The specific
scale everyone is speaking of is the Soehnle Diet-Health Computer Scale.

"The ultimate gram scale to weigh foods and compute nutritional values.
Memorizes what you've eaten during the day, then gives a readout of the
day's calories, carbs, fats, proteins and cholesterol! Fun and easy to use.
400 food databank, 7" diameter stainless steel platter, weigh up to 2,000
grams (or in tenths of ounces to 4.5 lbs) in 1 to 2 gram increments, tare,
auto-off, 3 volt lithium battery. Program your own foods, plus a port to
connect it to your computer (software and cable not included). 8" x 11" x
2". Lithium battery included.   -    $129.95"