Re: [IP] Novolog and Insurance

At 11:56 PM 11/17/2001, you wrote:
>Yes, I don't exactly understand how this works.  My insurance only covers
>insulins (Humalog is one) and not the Squibb-Novo ones (Novalog is one).  I am
>trying out Novalog that my Dr gave me but if it works better for me, I
>will have
>to file an appeal and try to get it approved.

If this gets to the level of arguing with the insurance company you should
not, and you should not let them, classify Novolog(R) as insulin. It is
Insulin Aspart. It is an insulin analog and is chemically and medically
different from insulin and from Humalog (Insulin Lispro). If your doctor
prescribe Insulin Aspart then there are no alternative available at this
time and they should therefore provide coverage for  the Novolog as a
normal diabetic medication/supply as require under the policy or under
state law or under what ever applies in your case.