Re: [IP] REAL Reality for Deanna

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>

> I suspect Matt's experience is quite representative of a fairly good
> size group of people that get along well on MDI. Part of the reason
> this occurs is that they are blessed with a relatively stable insulin
> requirement that does not zig and zag a lot, thus making the
> transition to pump therapy less that stunning. The flip side of that
> is the so called "brittle" (hate that description) diabetic whose
> insulin requirements vary a lot and for whom a pump is a god-send.

Also covers folks like me who are not brittle, just weird -- there is no
such thing as a long acting insulin that would cover my varying needs -- not
when my basal is 0.7 from midnight to 4 AM, 0.6 to 9 AM, and then 0.0 to
noon! (And to fill in the day, 0.5 from noon to midnight)

The pump has freed me from rigidly timed NPH, bedtime snacks and midmorning
snacks -- vast improvement of quality of life! It's great to eat because
you're hungry, and not because you're bottoming out!

Druther not have diabetes at all (wasn't SPOZED to get it!!!!) but do really
prefer the pump to shots, and prefer insulin to pills that never worked!!!!

mailto:email @ redacted

Can YOU find the ugly duckling?