[IP] Re: ] Need a good Neurologist or Pain Center in NYC or Philadelphia(sorry this is a book)

> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:16:43 +0000
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Need a good Neurologist or Pain Center in NYC or
Philadelphia(sorry this is a book)

> there will be many people looking at my problems and
> hopefully finding the root of the swelling and pain.
> So I am asking If anyone knows of a good neurologist in
> either NYC or Philadelphia please let me know.
>                            Wendy

Try the Staten island University Hospital Diabetic foot clinic.  They give
comprehensive care and saved my own foot when I developed a Charcot foot.
They are great at finding the root cause of  foot problems.  They should be
able to guide you to a proper neurologist if that is what is indicated.

Best wishes
Denise Guerin
Type1 47 years
Minimed 507 3 years.

I copied the following from their website which is

One in 20 New Yorkers suffers from diabetes. One of their greatest fears is
the possibility of losing a limb. The diabetic treatment center at Staten
Island University Hospital has pioneered successful treatments for diabetic
foot problems, including ulcers and infections. The majority of patients are
medically treated and stabilized, even those previously recommended for
surgery. Our procedures usually minimize, and often prevent,
hospitalization. Specialty physicians and therapists evaluate a patient
using state of the art biomechanical devices which are individually
customized. In fact, Staten Island University Hospital is recognized
nationally as a "center of excellence" for these special foot problems.

Call Staten Island University Hospital at 1-800-777-2880

Return to Staten Island University Hospital Main Page