Re: [IP] Individual Insurance --Please advise

RIGHT NOW is the open enrollment for most HMO's.  All HMOs are required to
have an open enrollment period every year (Federal Law).  He will have to pay
more for his policy, but they cannot refuse to accept him.  Again . . .
Federal Law!

He needs to investigate it now, and it may require him to have double
coverage for January and February, but if he waits until he has no coverage,
then he won't be able to get any until next year (With an HMO.)  Most private
insurance companies will not even accept us as clients if we have a
preexisting condition.  The HMOs have no choice . . . they must take us.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >19 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler