Re: [IP] from Bonnie - COBRA

COBRA coverage is only good for up to 18 months after the 'termination' date
from the plan.  Companies can charge you up to 110% of their cost.  Most only
charge what the cost is to them.

And to avoid the preexisting condition clause, you do not need 'continuous'
coverage...Federal Law dictates that as long as the person has been covered
under their previous plan with a break of NO LONGER THAN 63 days prior to the
date that  the person becomes eligible for the new plan, then new company
cannot use the preexisting condition clause to refuse to pay for stuff.

The $210 is actually cheap for COBRA coverage!  Many of us have had to pay
much more!

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >19 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler

n a message dated 11/16/2001 10:55:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,