[IP] Novolog and Insurance

I just found out that my husband's new insurance does not cover Humalog
(that's all I use in my MM507C) as a Preferred Brand - only Novolog
(Wausau/Beechstreet PPO Insurance).  I called them and they said they just
took Humalog off the Preferred list. They didn't even have Humulin R or NPH
on the list - NOVOLOG was the only insulin that I recognized! Don't know how
these heads of insurance companies sleep at night!  I told them I was
shocked because Novolog is fairly new to the market.  So, if I want a 3 mo.
supply of Humalog it'll cost $80 vs. $26 that we're paying now.  If I decide
to give Novolog a try - it'll cost $50/3 mo. suppy.  Now $30 isn't that big
of a deal, but it's just another cost that I'd rather not be spending.  My
new Endo. said that Novolog is not the same as Humalog (that it has a tail
at the end of it)?  Anyway, I think I'm going to ask for a sample bottle to
try it out - it'll be worth it to try for a few weeks to save $30 bucks.

thanks for listening!