Re: [IP] Reality

Deanna Said:
>I would like to hear from any of you who had a hard time with this
> >transition and how you got through it. I know there's no way I can >ward
>off fear and difficulty completely, but I would like to be better >prepared
>for what to expect.

Hi Deanna,

I just started pumping yesterday (woohoo!) and I was really nervous before I
started.  I had some real concerns about living my daily life with as few
changes as possible.

Talking to people who are familiar with pumping is one big help.  This board
is a great resource.  My CDE/Trainer gave me some reassurance when I brought
my concerns to her, too.

One thing I was concerned about, was how was I going to get any sleep with a
"thing" attached to me.  I did some experiments with blocks of wood I had my
dad cut for me.  I attached it to a clip that I could wear and attached a
24-inch piece of yarn, which I taped to my waist.  It may sound bizarre, but
it really gave me a good idea of how I was going to do things.

When I finally got my pump, even though it wasn't attached to me, I wore it
everywhere.  I practiced bolusing.  I found unique places to hide it if I
wanted to.

If you want to email privately with any questions, Deanna, I'm at
email @ redacted

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted