Re: [IP] Reality

  To be perfectly honest, I, as Joshua's mom, decided to wear his backup pump
to help him overcome his fears of site changes.  So for two weeks I wore the
pump, checked BGs, logged everything, bolused using his ratios (oh, using
saline of course) and then Josh changed my sites.  Well, I was only aware of
wearing the pump when it came time to eat!  I knew I had to count my carbs
and figure out my 'bolus' and then do it. (Josh was checking my log book!!!)
And really, that was the only time.  I wore a baby sock up by my shoulder
under my nite shirt and put the pump in there at night.  I was never even
aware of it being there.  And that was the time I was most concerned about!
If you wear any jewlery or glasses you get used to wearing those.  You will
also get used to wearing the pump.  Really!

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua-who is no longer afraid of site changes!