Re: [IP] another insurance question

Hi Jocelyn!  I met you last Sunday at the MI pump support group in Troy
(I'm the girl with the Diabetec medic alert tattood on my wrist).  I
carried my Father's insurance till I was about 22.  In the old days, his
provider was BC/BS of MI (Master Medical)... so mom and dad payed for
everything upfront out of pocket and got reimbursed about 70%.  Growing
up, none of my rx's were covered.   God bless them!

Currently I have PPOM... they are wonderful.  Pump, all supplies and rx's
are covered at 90%.  As far as I'm aware of... there was no pre-existing
conditions clause when I met eligibility through my employer.  Trust me
when I say... I'm probably one of the only employees where I work that
abuses the insurance coverage as much as possible.  I'm lucky to have the
benefits that I do.

I also worked part time in the medical field while going to school.  There
is a extreme difference in coverage between a HMO provider and a PPO
provider.  If he gets the option to choose (most employers have more than
1 provider or plan... mine does)... tell him to get the best... it will be
worth it in the long run... espcially for someone w/ a chronic condition.

Good Luck!  Also, I would not worry about it too much... let thim grow up
and live as care free as possible.  By time he is an adult and has to pick
and choose his medical benefits... there may be a bigger and better
solution... or maybe even a cure (we all hope)!!!

Email me off the list if you'd like.

Kathy