[IP] pumping

Dear Ann,

You sound just like me! I'm also a non-practicing nurse. My son was dx 12/98
and went on the pump 4.5 months later. It was a major struggle first with the
doc, then the insurance. You are doing great and seem very determined as we
were. We had to get letter of recommendation from his teachers, and family to
give to the insurance company to prove he was capable. We started the struggle
in Jan, of 99 and got the ok in April.  The doc said the same thing...they
want kids to "suffer" for about a year with shots to get regulated and then
they will appreciate the pump. Also, the honeymoon period "crap!"  We have
much better control with the pump than we could have ever considered achieving
with shots.

All I can say is YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Mom to Kevin, 13, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :