That is unbelievable!  Sounds like this nurse has a power trip and is part
of the "old school"!  Isn't the Dr. in charge?  Don't give up!  If your
daughter gets the pump shortly after being dx'd - maybe she will see this
disease as a manageable part of her daily life and won't be so afraid or
intimidated by what it involves.  Sometimes people think they know what is
best for us.   I say - let that nurse or her family member have Diabetes for
a day and see how she would react.  Sure she'd be wanting the pump in no