Re: [IP] Reality

>>> However, my greatest concern remains the transition of having something
attached to me all the time. <snip> I would like to hear from any of you who
had a hard time with this transition and how you got through it. I know
there's no way I can ward off fear and
difficulty completely, but I would like to be better prepared for what to
expect. Deanna >>>

When I started pumping 8/83 it was due to my fear of double foot
amputations. My neuropathy was so bad I took naps to escape the pain and
could hardly walk. Pumps today are about the size of 3/4" stack of business
cards. Why do I mention that? Well, because the one I started with was the
size of a checkbook box. Talk about something attached to you 24/7 - it was
a monster. But I love my feet and it was the right decision. I used that
*thing* for 6 wks when I got the new *small* one - the size of a king-sized
pack of cigarettes - which I wore for nine years. These pumps can be seen on
my Evolution of Pumps website.

BTW, I take only 200 mgs of B6 for neuropathy now - down from 300 mg. and 4
Dilantin a day.

If you got your dream job and it required wearing a pager 24/7, my guess
would be that it would be accepted. Pumps are about the size of a pager. It
is still your choice, but don't let something so small determine your (lack
of) better quality of life. (~_^)

People want the front of the bus, back of the church and center of