RE: [IP] *sigh* how can you test basals when you're constantly c orrecting?!

Michael English [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> If you want to see what your basal rate is doing  to your sugars you
> have to eliminate as many variables as possible. Maybe this
> technique is
> only used while starting on the pump. Just a thought.

Setting basal rates is covered very well in _Pumping Insulin_ which you can
order through the IP web site.  Cost is around $20.00 and worth every penny.

I don't have the book in front of me, but IIRC, if you are higher than a
pre-determined level when testing basals, then discontinue the test and
correct by an appropriate bolus.  Adjust the basal rate and test again the
next day.  Same for if you go below a set level (typically 70 mg/dL).

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR