Re: [IP] Reality

Deanna:

I had the same concerns as you five years ago.   But it is really really
true that I absolutely love my MiniMed pump.
The first week (although interesting and challenging) had so many benefits
that the idea of the pump being "attached" wasn't bothersome at all.

I work full time and have two children.  My energy level has increased
about 50% since I began the pump.  That was noticed within the first ten
days!

I have played tennis in the pump and when I swim, I am lucky that I can
take the pump off since the exercise takes care of my need for 1.1 unit
per hour.
Traveling is awesome!   No more need to carry two meals on airplans "just
in case" since the basal rate keeps you fine and "when you eat" is when
you bolus.

I wear a lot of skirt suits and pantsuits and haven't had any problems
with wearing the pump.   When I do wear a dress, I keep attach the pump to
the middle of my bra and it doesn't show.

Good luck and enjoy the new freedoms associated with the insulin pump!

Donna

email @ redacted
Sent by: email @ redacted
11/15/2001 01:13 AM