Re: [IP] I hve no more insurance...

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:21:10 EST Jennifer wrote:

My mom found out tonight that after January we will no longer have our
insurance. Her company is closing on January 26. Im sure she will have a job
by then........... please let this be true for her sake...... HAs anyone ran
out of insurance before? what happens?

"the best thing about the internet- everyone looks the same :) "
 YJennifer Hughes Y
,email @ redacted

The only advice I can really give you is that you're going to have to pay the
Cobra coverage until you get insurance -- if you want your diabetes to be
covered.  Otherwise, your diabetes will be considered a pre-existing condition
and will not be covered for usually a year, but sometimes less, sometimes
more.  And -- Cobra coverage costs a whole lot more than what you're paying
now -- cause right now your employer (Oops -- your mom's employer) is probably
paying a huge chunk.  When I lost my insurance -- at work I was paying $372 a
month for insurance (family coverage) - Cobra would have been right at $1000 a
month.  Thank goodness  my husband's employer was able to add us July 1 - mine
dropped June 30 - but I didn't find out until July 12!!

That's the way it works in Illinois anyway.  I'm not sure on this if its a
state to state thing - or federal.

Good luck!  (I'm NOT trying to scare you here -- just want you to be

Deb in Southern Illinois