[IP] Blue Cross

I am getting mixed messages from my insurance company, Blue Cross of
California HMO, and Animas regarding coverage of insulin pumps. I called Blue
Cross customer service and asked about the coverage and was told insulin
pumps are covered 100%. I questioned the rep several times as to whether she
was sure. She said she was.
Then, when I spoke with an Animas rep, he said that wasn't true. He said
there's a cap on the durable medical equipment benefit, which the pump falls
under, of $2000.
Anyone have any clue who is right or have any information that would clarify
this matter for me? It would be much appreciated.
Also, the Animas rep said the pump cost is $4,700 and that if Blue Cross paid
only $2000 that they would give me a 20% discount on the out-of-pocket cost
and set up a payment plan. Anyone have experience with this? Do these numbers
sound right? Should I be pushing for a better price?
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon