[IP] Reality

I am in the process of meeting with the pump manufacturers to decide which
pump I want. In the past few weeks I've gotten lots of good information from
this group and know that pumping isn't easy by any means. I have decided to
accept the pump with any challenges in order to reap the benefits.
However, my greatest concern remains the transition of having something
attached to me all the time. So far, everyone kind of tosses this aside and
says "You'll love it." I have a hard time believing it's that simple. I
understand this group is very pro pump and that's great. But there's got to
be another side to this. I can't imagine going on the pump one day and waking
up the next morning just loving it. That doesn't sound realistic to me.
I would like to hear from any of you who had a hard time with this transition
and how you got through it. I know there's no way I can ward off fear and
difficulty completely, but I would like to be better prepared for what to
Thanks much.
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon