Re: [IP] Re: Sils~HELP!

> If there is anyone out there that is up and has some experience with
> inserting sils, I need some help.  I don't know if I have this thing
> inserted deep enough, its the third one I've tried.  Called MM~the
> gal was very nice, but I don't think she's a pumper. There's that
> clear window right where the canula attaches to the clip and tubing.
>  I can see a bump that is the canula through that little window, is
> it deep enough?

While it's not recommended, there are a few people that only insert
the Sil 1/2 to 3/4 of the way so I don't think "deep enough" is a
problem as you describe it. Most people insert a Sil just a little
more than skin deep, maybe 15-30 degrees. The package recommendation
say 30-45 degrees which is fine for us chubby adults, but is not so
good for kids or thin adults. If you were unlucky enough to create a
gusher, the set probably was not working at all because the tissue
surrounding it was engorged with blood. Sounds like you just had a
bad day..... There is a video of Sil insertion on the web site FAQ
page at:

"Videos showing Tender/Sil/Comfort Set Insertion"

If you run it a 2x resolution it gives a pretty good view of how it's