RE: [IP] insulin prescriptions (from Power Problems)

Brinsley Fox [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Actually, I've found that different states seem to have
> different requirements for insulin, syringes, etc.  Some require
> prescriptions for insulin but not syringes, some for syringes
> but not for insulin, etc.
> So you should find out what the rules are for your specific state.

While some states require a prescription for the syringes and needles, no
state may require prescription for insulin.  Humalog and Novolog are not,
strictly speaking, insulin, so the FDA does require a prescription.  But
this is not subject to state regulation.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR